Our American-made tempered glass for fireplace doors is high strength and superior quality, making it ideal for masonry or prefab fireplaces. This product is 7 times stronger than regular glass. It undergoes a heating process called "tempering", giving it the resilience needed to withstand the heat and thermal shock (up to 400° F) from your wood burning fireplace. Because we cut, temper, and inspect each piece for quality on a per order basis, our lead time is approximately 2 to 3 business days.
High temperature glass enhances the appearance of fireplace doors. This 1/8, 3/16, or 1/4 inch thick tempered glass comes in clear, bronze, or grey tints, and is finished with seamed edge. Let us know your size specifications and we'll custom cut your heat resistant glass to the exact measurements.
Some important things to remember:
- Glass expands when heated! Please request your cut of glass to be at least 1/8" shy of the mounting surface. This measurement will allow for a safe thermal expansion. We cannot be held responsible for breaks due to improper calculations!
- If your original tempered glass sheet is still intact and you are able to obtain all of the dimensions needed for your custom cut product, you may use the glass for measuring purposes. However, we highly recommend double checking your measurements against the mounting surface for 100% accuracy.
- Metal screws and mounting hardware also expand when exposed to high temperatures! To avoid damage to your glass when your appliance is in use, please do not over-tighten hardware. We cannot be held responsible for breaks due to hardware that has been secured too firmly.
- Looking for glass retainer clips to hold your bi-fold door glass in position? CLICK HERE to view our set of 8 high strength spring steel clips!
- Burning a fire with your glass doors closed generates extra heat. While tempered glass can tolerate high temperatures, this condition may be too extreme for the glass to handle. We recommend enjoying a roaring fire with the doors open.
- Ceramic glass should NEVER be installed on a factory-built or prefab unit. This can result in overheating and a potential fire hazard.
- Some masonry doors require ceramic replacement glass. Please consult your owner's manual for clarification. If it does not clearly state that your unit is approved for ceramic glass, you should select the tempered option.
- Tempered glass should NOT be installed on a fireplace insert or heating stove. These appliances produce temperatures greater than 400°F and can shatter tempered glass. If you have one of these appliances, you will need ceramic glass. If you're not sure what type of application you have, please give our experts a call at 1-888-986-1535.
Fast Replacement Glass specializes in tempered glass windows that will fit your application, no matter what fireplace brand and model you have!