This is a custom made, standard rectangle cut glass that is suitable for most pellet, wood, and coal stoves or inserts (up to 36"). This amber transparent ceramic material is ideal for high temperature applications.
If you're looking for a specialty cut - arched, clipped corners, etc - please check out our large selection of different cut patterns.
Please use a metal tape measure to measure for your piece of glass. Use the diagram above to know exactly what measurements we need to correctly cut your glass. When heated, this pyroceram material can expand, so make sure to allow a 1/8" accommodation for this occurrence when measuring.
Because flames will contact the glass periodically, this product has been manufactured to resist breaking against extreme temperature changes. It is invulnerable to higher burning features, such as gasketed fireplaces and wood stoves.
This glass is NOT APPROPRIATE FOR COOK TOPS!
Please use only on: WOOD STOVES, WOOD INSERTS, COAL STOVES, COAL INSERTS, PELLET STOVES, or PELLET INSERTS.
Ceramic Glass Tips, Tricks & Recommendation:
- Glass expands when heated! Please request your cut of glass to be at least 1/8" shy of the mounting surface. This measurement will allow for a safe thermal expansion. We cannot be held responsible for breaks due to improper calculations!
- Metal screws and mounting hardware also expand when exposed to high temperatures! To avoid damage to your glass when your appliance is in use, please do not over-tighten hardware. We cannot be held responsible for breaks due to hardware that has been secured too firmly.
- Please submit any additional information, questions, or concerns you may have about your online glass request to the "Notes" box on this product page.
- For your safety, please do not replace tempered glass with a ceramic option on a fireplace door! This results in overheating and a potential fire (not the kind you enjoy in your stove)! Some masonry doors are APPROVED for ceramic glass doors. Please check with your appliance's owner manual for details on masonry door replacement glass.
- Ceramic glass should NEVER be installed on a factory-built fireplace or prefab unit. Unfortunately, this can also result in overheating and a potential house fire.
- We also sell the flat window gasket, available in black or white. This graphite-impregnated fiberglass material comes in 5/8" diameter. Service rating to 1000° F - will not absorb water or attract mold/mildew. Flexible for easy installation.
- Replacement glass clips - our high strength spring steel clips hold glass in position in a fireplace door frame. Please keep in mind that door stiles need enough space to accommodate the glass clips and the glass.
- Sil-Bond 4500: high temperature clear silicone keeps your new glass in place. Chemically formulated for high strength adhesion. When fully cured, this VOC compliant formula offers UV stability and forms a waterproof, airtight bond to metal, glass, wood, ceramic, and many other common substrates.