If you are looking for a clean and easy way to install your replacement wood stove gasket, our 2 fluid ounce bottle of clear gasket adhesive will do the job seamlessly! Formulated for use with fiberglass gaskets to form tight seals in high heat appliances, this 100% pure sodium silicate formula does not require heat to cure. Simply allow the product to dry for 24 hours before starting a fire in your stove. Once it has set, the heat resistant adhesive will famously resist temperatures up to 2000°F! Ideal for lightweight to heavy gaskets!
- Remove old gasket and thoroughly clean the area.
- Please be sure to wear protective gloves and eye protection during application of this product. Wipe up spills immediately with a wet towel.
- For horizontal surfaces; remove door and lay it down flat (horizontally). Apply adhesive to the door channel and press your new gasket firmly into the adhesive.
- For vertical surfaces; apply adhesive to the gasket and work material into the fiberglass before pressing the gasket firmly into the door channel.
- Allow adhesive to dry for 24 hours before firing.