Our High Strength Silicone Sealant in clear is a single component, room temperature vulcanization (RTV) sealant with superior adhesion quality. This high temperature silicone comes in a convenient 10.3 fluid ounce caulking cartridge and is specially formulated to offer all-weather performance that complies with Green Building Standards. This silicone sealant offers excellent weatherability and UV stability and forms a waterproof and airtight bond to metal, ceramic, glass, wood, and many other surfaces that keeps a permanent 25% joint movement capability! Acetoxy cured by releasing acetic acid during the setting process to leave behind a non-yellowing, non-flammable, non-shrinking seal when fully cured.
Adheres to the following additional materials: steel, tile, fiberglass, aluminum, painted surfaces, plywood, marble, and many other common substrates! Ideal for HVAC/R, sanitary seals, countertop glazing, plumbing, roofing, interior/exterior surfaces, and more!
Meets the following specifications:
- ASTM C920 Type S, NS, Class 25
- FDA 21 CFR 177.2600
- USDA Approved
||10.3 fl.oz (305 mL) cartridge
||High strength silicone
||-62°F to 350°F (continuous)
- Please be sure to wear rubber gloves and eye protection during application of this product. Protect your work area from accidental spills with a tarp or drop cloth. Thoroughly remove all debris and foreign matter from the surface to be bonded.
- To use:
- Insert cartridge in the caulking gun and cut the tip at an angle to desired diameter (1/8"). Lay a bead and drag the material at a 45° angle in desired area. Follow package directions regarding curing/setting times.
Silicone & Caulking Tips: DIY like a Pro!
- Product cartridge fits into a standard caulking gun. For clean application, cut the cartridge tip near the end, at an approximate 45° angle.
- Ensure that the working surface is clean, dry, and free of debris. Have some damp cloths or a roll of paper towels within reach. Lay down newspaper to protect carpet/flooring from possible drips.
- To lay a professional bead, hold the caulking gun at 45°. Spin the cartridge tube so the longest part of your tip is aligned with the top side of the caulking gun.
- Beginning at the highest point of your working area, slowly and gently squeeze the trigger and drag the gun to lay an even bead (about 1/8").
- For a clean job, remember that "A little goes a long way!" Try to be consistent when laying a bead - you can always go back and add more material later.
- As you near the end of the working area, release the trigger (or press the release lever) to stop the flow of material.
- After applying the material, let it cure for the indicated amount of time (at room temperature) before using your appliance.