Sil-Bond 4500 High Strength Silicone is a single component, RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanization) sealant with superior adhesion quality. This high functioning product is specially formulated to offer all weather performance and complies with Green Building Standards. When fully cured, this silicone sealant offers UV stability and forms a waterproof and airtight bond to metal, ceramic, glass, wood, and many other surfaces!
Adheres to the following additional materials: steel, tile, fiberglass, aluminum, painted surfaces, plywood, marble, and many other common substrates! Ideal for HVAC/R, sanitary seals, countertop glazing, plumbing, roofing, interior/exterior surfaces, and more!
Meets the following specifications:
- ASTM C920 Type S, NS, Class 25
- FDA 21 CFR 177.2600
- USDA Approved
- Please be sure to wear rubber gloves and eye protection during application of this product. Protect your work area from accidental spills with a tarp or drop cloth. Thoroughly remove all debris and foreign matter from the surface to be bonded.
- To use:
- Insert cartridge in the caulking gun and cut the tip at an angle to desired diameter (1/8"). Lay a bead and drag the material at a 45° angle in desired area. Follow package directions regarding curing/setting times.
||10.3 fl.oz (305 mL) cartridge
||High strength silicone
||-62°F to 350°F (continuous)
Features & Benefits:
- Acetoxy cure (material releases acetic acid during the setting process).
- Non-yellowing, non-flammable, and VOC compliant.
- Excellent weatherability, waterproof, and UV stable.
- Non-shrinking formula with 25% joint movement capability.
Silicone & Caulking Tips: DiY like a Pro!
- Product cartridge fits into a standard caulking gun. For clean application, cut the cartridge tip near the end, at an approximate 45° angle.
- Ensure that the working surface is clean, dry, and free of debris. Have some damp cloths or a roll of paper towels within reach. Lay down newspaper to protect carpet/flooring from possible drips.
- To lay a professional bead, hold the caulking gun at 45°. Spin the cartridge tube so the longest part of your tip is aligned with the top side of the caulking gun.
- Beginning at the highest point of your working area, slowly and gently squeeze the trigger and drag the gun to lay an even bead (about 1/8").
- For a clean job, remember that "A little goes a long way!" Try to be consistent when laying a bead - you can always go back and add more material later.
- As you near the end of the working area, release the trigger (or press the release lever) to stop the flow of material.
- After applying the material, let it cure for the indicated amount of time (at room temperature) before using your appliance.