Heat tempered glass with flat polished edges can be used on many non heater rated appliances, like a direct-vent gas fireplaces or stoves. Flat edges are polished to remove sharpness and improve appearance. Tempered glass is 7 times stronger than regular glass, withstanding temperatures as hot as 400°F! Durable and safe, this is the best choice for your glass fireplace doors. However, it is NOT resistant to thermal shock.You should not close doors on a burning fire. Available in your choice of clear, grey, or bronze tints, this beautiful tempered glass replacement will enhance your fireplace doors and ensure the safety of your home and loved ones in the process! We offer custom cutting to your specifications and finish all glass panes with a seamed edging. Remember to secure your door into the stiles with retainer clips!
DO NOT USE TEMPERED GLASS IN WOOD STOVES or INSERTS, COAL STOVES or INSERTS, PELLET STOVES or INSERTS, or COOKTOPS! Tempered glass cannot withstand the extreme heat emitted from these particular applications. If you have one of these stoves or inserts, you will need ceramic replacement glass.
We cannot cut grooves into the glass or offer bevel edging, as these additional cuts will weaken the glass and cause it to break.
Due to the tempering process after the glass sheet is cut to your measurements, lead time is estimated at 10 business days. All glass edges are sanded down to a seamed finish, which means they are lightly sanded to removed any sharp edges or burrs ONLY. They are not sanded in a decorative style. Since the edges of the glass will not be seen, a seamed edge finish is our standard process. If you prefer a decorative edge, we can accommodate a flat edge or pencil edge polish.
Additionally, please contact us for a quote if you are requesting ten or more pieces of the same size, color, and thickness.
Hi-Temp Glass Tips, Tricks, & Recommendations:
- All glass will expand when heated! Please request your glass at least 1/8" shy of the mounting surface to accommodate for thermal expansion. We are not responsible for breaks due to improper measurements!
- If your original tempered glass sheet is still intact and you are able to obtain all of the dimensions needed for your custom cut product, you may use the glass for measuring purposes. However, we highly recommend double checking your measurements against the mounting surface for 100% accuracy.
- Metal screws and mounting hardware will expand when heated! Please do not over-tighten hardware as this may break the glass when your appliance is in use. We are not responsible for breaks due to over-tightened hardware.
- We have the ability to cut your glass to a custom fractional measurement not listed on this product page, and we may even have bigger sizes or thicknesses available. Please give us a call for more information!
- We have included a "notes" box on this product page for any other information, questions, or concerns you may want to attach to an online glass requisition.
- Never replace tempered glass with ceramic glass on a fireplace door! This can lead to overheating and a potential fire. Only certain masonry doors are approved to use ceramic on their glass doors. Please consult your owner's manual for clarification.
- Never, ever install ceramic glass on a factory-built fireplace or prefab unit! Fireplaces are not built to withstand the heat that the ceramic will generate, and misuses can lead to a house fire.
- Keep flames and logs at least 6 inches away from the glass. Flames should never touch the glass. Glass that comes in contact with logs, grates or tools could shatter.
Fast Replacement Glass provides pyroceram tempered glass to our customers based on specific size requirements. We warrant to our immediate customers that the glass product ordered will meet certain standards and will be free from material and workmanship defects on the day of shipment.
Fast Replacement Glass does not offer warranties on performance or customer use of the glass. How a customer handles, installs, and uses processes the glass product is solely the customer's responsibility. Fast Replacement Glass cannot be held liable for breakage, damage, or failure of the product due to wrongful installation or if the glass pane is too tight and doesn't allow for thermal expansion during operation of the heating appliance.