Our 10.3 Fluid Ounce Gray Fireplace Mortar comes in a convenient caulking cartridge and is essential for patching cracked or chipped fireplace refractory, filling missing mortar joints, or any general fireplace mortar repair. You can fire it immediately -- the material requires 1200°F to strengthen the mortar to firebrick hardness. Once it is fully cured, this heat resistant mortar will withstand temperatures up to 2000°F! This high quality gray mortar is ideal for indoor applications and covers up to 99 feet of areas 1/8 inch or smaller. Meets ASTM E-36 and E72 non-combustibility standards.
Remember to check out our "Silicone & Caulking Tips: DIY like a Pro!" below to see if we have any suggestions to help make your DIY project easier. If you have any questions, we’re happy to help! Give Fast Replacement Glass a call at 1-888-986-1535, start a live chat, or email us at [email protected].
||10.3 fl oz cartridge
||ASTM E-36 and E72 non-combustibility standards
- To use:
- Burn a low fire to dry the fireplace mortar.
- Heat under extreme heat to cure.
- PLEASE NOTE:
- This mortar is rated for indoor use only.
- For large repairs (exceeding 1/8" areas), a castable refractory cement is highly recommended.
Silicone & Caulking Tips: DIY like a Pro!
- Product cartridge fits into a standard caulking gun. For clean application, cut the cartridge tip near the end, at an approximate 45° angle.
- Ensure that the working surface is clean, dry, and free of debris. Have some damp cloths or a roll of paper towels within reach. Lay down newspaper to protect carpet/flooring from possible drips.
- To lay a professional bead, hold the caulking gun at 45°. Spin the cartridge tube so the longest part of your tip is aligned with the top side of the caulking gun.
- Beginning at the highest point of your working area, slowly and gently squeeze the trigger and drag the gun to lay an even bead (about 1/8").
- For a clean job, remember that "A little goes a long way!" Try to be consistent when laying a bead - you can always go back and add more material later.
- As you near the end of the working area, release the trigger (or press the release lever) to stop the flow of material.
- After applying the material, let it cure for the indicated amount of time (at room temperature) before using your appliance.