Our gray Fireplace Mortar comes in a convenient 10.3 fluid ounce cartridge and is essential for patching cracked, chipped, or missing mortar joints. Ideal for any general fireplace mortar repair, you can fire it immediately as the material requires 1200°F to strengthen the material to firebrick hardness. Once it is fully cured, this heat resistant mortar will withstand temperatures up to 2000°F! This high quality gray mortar is ideal for indoor applications and covers up to 99 feet of areas 1/8 inch or smaller. Meets ASTM E-36 and E72 non-combustibility standards.
Remember to check out our "Silicone & Caulking Tips: DIY like a Pro!" below to see if we have any suggestions to help make your DIY project easier. If you have any questions, we’re happy to help! Give Fast Replacement Glass a call at 1-888-986-1535, start a live chat, or email us at [email protected].
||10.3 fl oz cartridge
||ASTM E-36 and E72 non-combustibility standards
- To use:
- Burn a low fire to dry the fireplace mortar.
- Heat under extreme heat to cure.
- PLEASE NOTE:
- This mortar is rated for indoor use only.
- For large repairs (exceeding 1/8" areas), a castable refractory cement is highly recommended.
Silicone & Caulking Tips: DIY like a Pro!
- Product cartridge fits into a standard caulking gun. For clean application, cut the cartridge tip near the end, at an approximate 45° angle.
- Ensure that the working surface is clean, dry, and free of debris. Have some damp cloths or a roll of paper towels within reach. Lay down newspaper to protect carpet/flooring from possible drips.
- To lay a professional bead, hold the caulking gun at 45°. Spin the cartridge tube so the longest part of your tip is aligned with the top side of the caulking gun.
- Beginning at the highest point of your working area, slowly and gently squeeze the trigger and drag the gun to lay an even bead (about 1/8").
- For a clean job, remember that "A little goes a long way!" Try to be consistent when laying a bead - you can always go back and add more material later.
- As you near the end of the working area, release the trigger (or press the release lever) to stop the flow of material.
- After applying the material, let it cure for the indicated amount of time (at room temperature) before using your appliance.