When it comes to strength and quality, you want a durable product that is resistant to scratching and damage. Fast Replacement Glass is proud to offer American-made, tempered glass for your needs! We have the best fireplace glass replacement choice for your factory-built, zero clearance, and masonry doors.
BEAUTIFUL. Simply put, our tempered glass will enhance the appearance of your fireplace doors. Available in your choice of clear, grey, or bronze tints, each sheet is finished with a seamed edge.
SAFE. Tempered glass is 7 times stronger than regular glass, and can withstand thermal shock and temperatures as hot as 400°F! Ensure the safety of your home and loved ones with tempered replacement glass.
CUT TO SIZE. We can cut your glass sheet to the specifications you need! Our tempered glass is available in 3/16", 1/8", and 1/4" thickness. We can cut the sheet to exact measurements to ensure a perfect fit!
Some important things to remember:
- Glass expands when heated! Please request your cut of glass to be at least 1/8" shy of the mounting surface. This measurement will allow for a safe thermal expansion. We cannot be held responsible for breaks due to improper calculations!
- Metal screws and mounting hardware also expand when exposed to high temperatures! To avoid damage to your glass when your appliance is in use, please do not over-tighten hardware. We cannot be held responsible for breaks due to hardware that has been secured too firmly.
- Burning a fire with your glass doors closed generates extra heat. While tempered glass can tolerate high temperatures, this condition may be too extreme for the glass to handle. We recommend enjoying a roaring fire with the doors open.
- Ceramic glass should NEVER be installed on a factory-built or prefab unit. This can result in overheating and a potential fire hazard.
- Some masonry doors require ceramic replacement glass. Please consult your owner's manual for clarification. If it does not clearly state that your unit is approved for ceramic glass, you should select the tempered option.
- Tempered glass should NOT be installed on a fireplace insert or heating stove. These appliances produce temperatures greater than 400°F and can shatter tempered glass. If you have one of these appliances, you will need ceramic glass. If you're not sure what type of application you have, please give our experts a call at 1-888-986-1535.
Fast Replacement Glass specializes in tempered glass windows that will fit your application. No matter what the brand and model you have, our heat resistant glass will allow you to enjoy the beauty of the fire burning in the hearth.